Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm not all doom and gloom, I have good days too!

Something that I have noticed after following the blogs and facebook posts of people with SPS and other chronic illnesses is that their lives tend to revolve around the fact that they are sick and they focus only on the negative.
I was sick yesterday, I was sick today and yes I will be sick tomorrow. I never know from one day to the next how I will feel when I wake up in the morning or even if I will be able to fall asleep the night before.
Since the whole reason for my blog was to track the progression of my disease, the sucesses and failures of treatments and to share my general experience living with SPS there will be alot of posts about my bad days. I wanted to take a moment to share some of whats going on in the days between those bad days.
I have a wonderful little boy. He's exceptionally smart and sweet. I have an awesome Chad. He is always there for me no matter what I need. I have a great job that I enjoy and provides me with great health insurance and other benifits. My family and I go out and enjoy our lives. We go on vacations and shopping trips, we go out to eat. We go to Karate lessons and cub scout meetings, we hang out with our extended family on weekends. I have friends and we usually go out on Friday nights.
What I wish for anyone who reads this, especially anyone who is living with a chronic illness... it consumes your body, it takes away your health but don't let it take all the joy out of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment