My name is Amy, I am 32 years old and live near Nashville, TN. I was recently diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome. My first reaction was "Really, can't we call it something else? No one will EVER take me seriously."
You might wonder how I was able to take news like that so lightly. The truth is I have been sick for quite sometime and putting a name to what I have been feeling for so long doesn't change what I have been feeling. I was Amy when I walked into the neuro's office that day and Amy still when I left.
I have created this blog because I have desperately been searching the Internet for months trying to research Stiff Person Syndrome. I have since memorized the general definitions, diagnostic criteria, prognosis, treatment plans and a lot of medical jargon. This was very helpful in the beginning however there is only so much I can learn from reading the same thing over and over. So hopefully by sharing my own story, my own ups and downs I will be able to help at least one person realize, you may be One in a Million, but you are not alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment