My son decided that we needed to have a Momma appreciation day. I asked him what a Momma appreciation day was and he said its just like mothers day except its this Saturday and we aren't inviting Granny.
We went for Chinese food and went to watch Despicable Me. It was an awesome movie, and we had a great time.
I just had my first experience fearing an open space yesterday. I was shopping with a friend. We started at the shops closest to where we had parked and walked along the sidewalk going in and out of shops. By the time we had made it to the end she was worried about me being too tired or in too much pain to walk back to the car. She offered to drive back and pick me up. I declined. So she decided that since the shortest distance to the car was to walk straight through the parking lot that would be the best option for me. We made it maybe 20 feet off the sidewalk and I completely froze. She asked if I was in pain and I said "No, I'm totally freaking out and I can't move" She offered to hold my hand but I told her I HAD to get back to the sidewalk. Once I was there I was fine. No more pain, stiffness or anxiety. It was so weird. I've talked to some others with SPS and that said that kind of anxiety or fear is very common with SPS. One even said she had fears of going new places. I told her I had a fear of driving on curvy or hilly roads because I couldn't trust that the road continued beyond where I could see. The jury is still on on if that is an actual SPS symptom or if its just regular crazy.
Tomorrow is another big day. Chad is out of town so while little man is at the movies with one of his friends I am going to attempt to clean the house. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment